Blown Film Dies Repair Services
We're a full-service, all-in-one industrial equipment repair and rebuilding facility that offers 24hr, nationwide blown film dies repairs with 60+ Years of experience!
Virtually Every Part in Stock, Inventory of Over 18,000 Parts!
The experienced staff and wide variety of equipment makes Hard Chrome Solutions a blown film dies repair shop capable of handling an array of machining capabilities. All of our plating and repair services have superb operating economics, flexibility and reliability. We can rebuild and refinish all major brands of industrial blown film dies, extruder screws, air rings. We also manufacture brand new film dies.
Hard Chrome Solutions offers a wide range of surface finishes on extruder screws, air rings, and blown film dies. Surfaces available include various roughnesses of precision ground rolls as well as commercial belt polished finishes. Finishing options include: Custom Chromium Finishes, Mirror, Optical Mirror, Matte, Satin.
The combination of experience and new technologies allows us to create more precise and efficient components for our customers, in requested surface quality and their specifications. Our blown film dies repair customers can expect to receive components with a fast turnaround and competitive pricing.
We offer cleaning, burning, repairing, rebuilding and hard chrome plating as well as electro nickel plating on every make and model of blown film dies, rings, pins, spirals bodies, shafts, heads, cylinders, pistons, mandrels housings, screws, plate molds & many more. Call for emergency service 24/7
Blown Film Dies Repair Contact Form
Choose HARD CHROME SOLUTIONS as your blown film dies repair shop and we will earn your confidence through our personal, technical support and our quality repair turnaround.
Setting Up Blown Film Dies And Air Ring Repairs
Producing film through extrusion of molten resin in a continuous tube can look very simple. The design and technology has certainly improved over years. However, it is a very complex process which requires care and precision.
As repair and rebuilding service providers, we offer emergency services for blown films and air rings. Multiple elements are involved in the design—which is made more efficient and precise by our technicians to suit your industrial applications!
Setting up these dies and air rings in the correct configuration is very important. Here is how we ensure it’s done the right way:
1. The die should be maintained in the center underneath the main nip roll assembly. The plumb line which is dropped from the nips should not be further out than the edge of a dime which is placed in the center of die face.
If the die is from another line or is new with an incorrect adapter length, then obtaining a true plumb line will be a problem. If the die is extremely off-center, it will be highly distorted too. This will result in both wrinkles and poor gauge which can’t be corrected by the operator.
2. The top of the die must be leveled after both die and extruder have reached the operating temperature. The barrel clamps must also be tightened to the adapter and all casters should be in contact with the floor.
The die can’t be leveled separately because most floors are not leveled, distance between floor and die adaptor increases varyingly, and vibration occurs if any of the casters are not firmly in contact with the ground.
3. The ring can only be leveled and centered once the die is properly leveled. The air die is often not fastened to the top edge of the die. It is instead dependant on its own weight for holding in position.
A good operator will always check the air ring center and level if the bubble is down. If it’s up, it will be impossible to know whether ring or the die needs any adjustment.
4. Following the leveling, a few air rings are set on top of the die on a flame retardant pad. Other air rings are instead raised above the top with an air gap providing insulation.
5. The air ring is often less sensitive to top opening adjustments and blower if an air gap exists between the top of the die and the air ring. However, this means that airflow is present between the top of the die and the bottom of the ring that impinges the hot melt as it is extruding from the die.
Dirt, silicone grease and pieces of purge in the open space will disturb this air flow, resulting in gauge bands infiltrating the film.
It can be rather complex to ensure the correct setup but is necessary. We offer repairing, rebuilding and plating services for all models of blow molding heads and sheet die services, with the inclusion of centrifuge rebuilding and gearbox upgrade services.
24hr Emergency Blown Film Die Repairs
Contact us today for 24/7 emergency blown film die repair support and allow us to answer any questions you may have. We can make sure you have the right surface qualities and other specifications for your application!